Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A playmate for my little friend

I recently asked a dear friend of mine if she thought her sweet girls might each like a doll of their own. She said "Yes!" so I went to work. It took me quite a while to finish this doll, since life has become so busy around here, but I was quite happy with how she turned out.

This is the first of the dolls, and the only one I've completed so far. I gave her pretty curly brown wool hair, and bright purple eyes. I think she has the sweetest expression on her face. I made her several changes of clothes, which was it's own experiment. Since I had made up my own pattern for the doll, I also had to create patterns for clothes to fit her! That was one of the hardest parts for me. Hopefully when I get to that part of the process for her sister's doll, it won't take me nearly so long or be so difficult, now that I have made clothes patterns to fit this little doll!





Before she went to her new home she told me she likes to climb trees and...


 search for frogs and goldfish in the pond!

Her new little mommy is also a little girl that loves to play outside, so they should get along just fine!


12 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! I'm hoping to make my daughter a Waldorf doll for Christmas this year, so I'm eager to see as many examples of beautiful handmade dolls as I can between now and when I get started! I know this doll will be much loved and I hope she goes on many great adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I so want to make more dolls. I have to find some little girls to make for. My boys aren't as impressed with them as I am.

    She is beautiful and I love her outfits. What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you took some good pictures of her before you brought her to Zahana. I'm going to link to this post since my pics weren't great. Did you notice the comment asking if you sold the dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lil' doll. I love the hair! How did you do that?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, she is adorable! Such a sweet little face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks amazing. Such gorgeous hair! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel
    This is just beautiful - what a gorgeous dolly she is & will be treasured I'm sure! I hope you are keeping well - I've been praying for you!

    I remember my Mum made us all dolls when we were girls & we all loved them so much - I often wonder what happened to them (probably worn out from love!)

    Hope you had a great weekend & have a wonderful week
    Blessings
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE HER!!!! she is gorgeous, especially the hair. Great job!! May she give her new mommy many years of love and companionship.

    Laura (fromAtlanta)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rachel

    What a beautiful Doll. I have tried making one before so I know the work that goes into it. I hope you and your young family are all well.

    Sending blessings from Africa
    Suzanne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a doll. She is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure her new Mommy will love her.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog through Pinterest. This doll is so very cute! I would love to make some.
    Blessings,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails