Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Come meet the family!

OK, a bit about me and mine. I was born in Florida and grew up mostly in Tennessee. As a child I was homeschooled by my ever patient parents. I was allowed to run wild through the woods, explore the fields and play in the creeks to my hearts content. They instilled in me confidence, trust, the ability to love wholeheartedly, how to think for myself, and a strong sense of family. I had a truly wonderful childhood, full of travels, experiences, affection, learning, and magic!

Growing up I always loved dancing and animals, so it seemed like for me the natural choices for a career would have been one of those typical little girl answers like ballerina or veterinarian. But if anyone ever asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would always answer "a mommy!" I wanted a huge family (At the time the biggest families I knew had three kids apiece...) I wanted at least 7 children and a farm to raise them on.

Fast forward a decade or two. I met the one! He is my Mr. Wonderful, my hero, my protector, my personal comedian, my best friend, my confidant, my favorite dance partner, he is my tall, dark and Oh so handsome! And he loves children just as much as I do! Before we got married he always told me that he wanted to have at least 5 or 6 kids too! Together we have 3 great boys and one tiny little girl (so far!) that we are homeschooling.

I am having the best time being a parent! I think I've got the coolest little kids on the planet!

Right now our oldest is almost a teenager (!) Logan is my great intellect! He is constantly reading and experimenting. His thirst for knowledge is never quenched and I hope he always remains that way. Often he surprises me with the things he comes up with!


Matthew is our creative genius and super energetic little dynamo! His days are spent, painting, drawing, building, and creating all sorts of interesting things. Of course that is when he isn't propelling himself on some wheeled device at top speed!



Ethan is little Mr. Charming! He never meets a stranger. He is one of the most loving, generous people I've ever known. He loves to help out in the kitchen, and claims that he wants to be a "cooker" when he grows up. :-)




Little Miss Claire Rose is a sweet easy baby. Her laughter is infectious, and her dimples are positively precious! We thank God daily for giving us such a wonderful miracle as our sweet little Claire! The whole family is smitten by her!



Well I hope you enjoyed learning a bit about our family. I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Would you and the boys and Claire like to come over to my house soon?

    love,
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you guys rock! ;]

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails