Friday, March 19, 2010

The chicks have arrived!

Oh How Fun! I just love spring time and new baby chicks! This year we split an order of chicks with some friends of ours. We've always bought our chicks locally in the past, so ordering them online was a first for us. Such anticipation. They arrived late Saturday night and my friend's poor husband had to go down to the post office at 10:30pm to pick them up. Early Sunday morning she brought them over here (which felt extra early because of the change to daylight savings time that night!) Today was a lovely sunny day and we took the chicks out to play in the soft green grass for a while.

Our new flock of laying hens includes buff orpingtons, silver laced wyandottes, light brahmas, white capped black polish, buff laced polish, and 7 assorted bantams that I couldn't pass up from the feed store. I think they are golden seabrites, and some kind of feather footed little yellow and grey chicks, maybe cochins. I guess we'll be surprised!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails