Thursday, July 8, 2010

Strawberry Jam

We made our jam this morning while Claire crawled around under our feet at top speed proving to me just how much more of this house I still need to baby-proof :-)


Nothing quite compares to the absolute RED of starwberry freezer jam! It is such a beautiful vibrant cheerful color! I like to make mine in regular glass jam jars, because those little plastic freezer containers seem so cheap and somehow degrading to put my gorgeous red jam in! I've never had a problem with exploding glass in the freezer, I just make sure to leave plenty of head space for the jam to expand as it freezes! I know what we'll be having for lunch :-)

Now we're off to deliver the herbs that I promised last weekend!


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Guatemala was wonderful and getting home even better. That's good to hear! We are headed back home in a few days, there are mixed feelings all around, but I think there is "no place like home."

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails