Thursday, April 3, 2014

Love under the cherry trees





















Every year about this time I try to take the kids to the park where there is a beautiful grove of cherry trees in full bloom. The grass below the trees is vibrant green and studded with violets and other wildflowers. It's one of my favorite places in the spring. The little orchard sits just a few feet off of the path in a very busy park. There are joggers, moms talking on their phones while pushing little ones in their strollers, families on bikes zooming by, people walking dogs, people everywhere. Even so we almost never see people stop and take in the beauty that is there in that little area, they never leave that paved path. So really, it feels like we are completely alone in that little place.

I often wonder what my kids are going to remember of their childhood. Will they ever know how fiercely their dad and I love each of them? Will they remember the beautiful places and things we tried to show them?  Many years from now will they see a cherry tree blooming in April and remember the fun we had playing together below those trees in the park? I hope so. I hope they all remember it so fondly that they will want to take their own children to play under the cherry trees in April.

You can see pictures I took of the kids two years ago in this same spot here. They've grown so much!

10 comments:

  1. They are all such beautiful pictures, Rachel! I especially love the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely family. I can identify with so much of what you write. I have 5 children, ranging in ages from 22 to 2! I am so happy to find your blog. I am an instant follower. =)
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails