- Paper or cloth for the background
- Hammers (one for each person who wants to pound if possible!)
- A hard flat surface (that won’t be damaged by hammering on top of it)
- A basket (to hold the flowers you gather)
- Scissors (to help remove stems and pick flowers)
- A small scrap piece of cotton fabric (to lay on top of your flowers while you pound) We used an old scrap of a threadbare sheet. You can also use tissue paper or paper towels in a pinch, but the fabric will hold up better to repeated pounding with the hammer.
- Flowers and leaves!!! (Flat open faced flowers work the best. Pansies and yellow daisies are my favorites. You can experiment with all types and colors of flowers; you might be surprised at what works and what doesn’t. Fern leaves are also beautiful to use in this craft. Colorful fall leaves look gorgeous when pounded too.
- Pencils, markers, crayons, etc. (to draw and write in your cards)
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Flower Pounding Card Tutorial
Flower pounding is one of my favorite spring crafts to do with the kids. (Of course you could do it year round but my favorite flowers to use are in bloom during the spring and early fall.)