Friday, December 16, 2011

Adorableness!

I was astonished to realize this week that Emmett is now 3 months old! My goodness how time flies! I took these pictures on Wednesday afternoon. I was hoping to get a good shot for our Christmas cards this year... and yes, I do realize that pretty much everyone else has already sent out their Christmas cards and now the very day is nearly upon us. But I am a firm believer in better late than never!! ;-) I'll share the picture I chose for the cards in a few days.  

This is my favorite picture of little Emmett! He looks so happy and strong! He is such a wonderful blessing for our family. He really is a joy to have around.
 The shirt he is wearing has a special story too. It was handmade for Emmett's Daddy. When Rodrigo's mother was pregnant with him, she and her grandmother (Rodrigo's great grandmother) hand stitched these beautiful shirts for her baby. The embroidery and tiny little pin tucks are exquisite. I inherited 3 of these beautiful little shirts when Rodrigo and I were expecting our first baby and each our children has had a chance to wear them. But only for special occasions because I wold love to pass them on through the generations. Such a sweet inheritance.


 Logan humored me by posing with Emmett and even dressing up for the occasion! He is growing so quickly into a man! Every morning when he comes out of his bedroom, I think he looks even bigger than he did the night before! 

My boys... biggest and littlest. My heart is full.

4 comments:

  1. Oh they are beautiful, the love and warmth shines out of them Rachel, such a joy, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful children :-)

    Just popping over to let you know that you won one of my fairy doors, so if you could get in touch with your details I get it on its way to you :-) Warmly, Kelly

    happywhimsicalhearts@iinet.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's what I said to Rodrigo the other day, Logan look really grown up! And Emmett couldn't possibly get any cuter! Very nice blogg, Rachel! I just love checking up on you guys (: mery christmas to you all. Love Liv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the story behind that shirt. Beautiful pictures. We aren't doing Christmas cards this year... feeling a wee bit bad as I'm loving receiving all kinds of fun picture cards from friends.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails