Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Work in Progress Wed. and a very important Announcement!

I posted a while back about the Seed Exchange that I am taking part in... Well now it is time to actually send the seeds out! Originally I had planned on hand painting the front of each seed packet, but that idea flew out the window for a couple of reasons! #1 Time and Energy (or lack there-of!*) I am sending out more than 50 packets... that would be a lot of painting! #2 I decided that those seed packets where too small and I couldn't get enough info on them. So I opted for a simple template that I could put all of the seed's info on directly in Microsoft Word, and just printed out the number of packets needed. Then it was a simple matter of cutting them out, gluing them together and filling them with seeds!


To seal them I used my new Japanese Washi Tape! Rodrigo got it for me for Valentine's Day! Wasn't that a sweet surprise?! It's so pretty! I had been admiring it for a long time online, but have never bought myself any. I think these are just perfect!

 
 



And in other news I have been working on this sundress for me. I am making it out of some quilting weight cotton that I've had in my stash for a long time. I found this free pattern online from the fabric designer Heather Ross. (I love her fabrics... so cute!) I liked the pattern because it is so easy to make, even the shirring is simply done using elastic thread, and because it has pockets! I love a dress with pockets!  It still needs to be hemmed and to have the shoulder straps attached. I think I'll make a few more of them and maybe a couple for Claire as well... matching sundresses for Mama and tiny girl!
 


But most importantly I liked the pattern because it will work for me throughout the coming Spring and Summer with my rapidly expanding tummy!

I am very thankful to be able to announce to you all that we are expecting baby number 5 to join our family this coming September! Such exciting news, and truly an important "work in progress!"

* lack of energy... that has been my main pregnancy symptom so far. I am just so tired all of the time! I am 9 weeks along right now, so I should be feeling a bit more like my normal self in a month or two. But for now, this mama is taking things easy. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm due in late May...and many thanks for the awesome link..I can't wait to make this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Rachel - How incredibly exciting!! Congratulations to you both! I was looking at that dress thinking what a pretty dress it is & how it would work as a maternity one as well - you will be absolutely gorgeous in it & a matching one for Claire would be so cute!
    Take care & look after yourself!
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I think the dress is looking great! Thanks for the link to the pattern. I might have to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful...and that is a gorgeous dress for a sweet mama like you:):)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails