Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Will you "Bee" my Valentine?

First off... Thank you to everyone who commented and emailed us during our recent bout with the flu! We are all right as rain now! Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement!

This year we signed up to be part of a Valentine's Card Exchange.  The kids were really excited about making their own handmade Valentine cards to send out to "new" friends in blogland. So I thought about it for a while and we bounced ideas around and finally decided to go really homemade! We would make our own paper! Seed paper to be exact, so that our new friends could plant their Valentines and watch pretty flowers grow all summer long!


This is our seed paper. We made it pink by adding red tissue paper to the paper pulp. Once we spread the wet paper pulp onto the screens to dry we sprinkled it generously with flower seeds. We chose cosmos seeds because of how easy they are to grow! Even the littlest gardener can grow lovely cosmos!



Then we cut out a simple flower shape from our homemade seed paper.
 

I found a cute clip art bee and printed out several on card stock. We cut those out along with flower stems from green card stock. The boys glued everything together and we wrote on each valentine:

"Will you "Bee" my Valentine?"


On the back I included a little folded note explaining that the paper flowers could be planted, grown and enjoyed all summer long!


Valentine flowers for all of our new Valentine Friends!

2 comments:

  1. That is simply a FANTASTIC idea- whoever receives them will be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these flower valentines! The kids loved them and can't wait to plant them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails